Thursday, June 10, 2010

The joys of recovery...

Perhaps I'm a little late with this post, but April 24th and 25th saw a very windy Hill Country Regatta on Lake Buchanan, TX. This event is put on every year by my local fleet, AustinCats.net, and I was very excited at the prospect of racing after my knee surgery, with my cousin who grew up sailing in the Pacific Northwest as crew. But my recovery was not quite far enough along, and the wind far too high given my condition, so I opted to take out my powerboat and take pictures of everyone. Here is the eventual F18 winner and near-pro John Tomko with crew Ian Billings rounding the windward mark:


And here is Drew Carlyle and Bo Kersey getting into trouble as they bear away:



Finally, here is my upcoming skipper for the GT300 (more on that later), Michael Yost, and friend and co-worker Charlie Dahan (who has been windsurfing since he could walk) approaching the windward mark:


It was a great event, despite, or because of the high winds. As usual, John Tomko won the F18 class, and Michael the I20 / Multihull Spinnaker class. Full results can be found here. I also wanted to share the... boatload  of pictures I took (sorry, couldn't resist):

Hill Country Regatta 10

Hill Country Regatta 10 - 2

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment